Friday, October 20, 2006

The only thing better than a walk in the woods...

...is a walk ON the woods. :) I mean, on the branches and amongst the leaves, leaving the roots and the trunk way below. It's a great pleasure to be able to see the world the way our ancestors meant for us to see it - from the tree-tops.
Now as the fall sinks further into my heart, the thought of being amongst the branches is ever more enticing. After much deliberation and restraining my instincts and resolving to be a lab-rat all weekend, I succumed to the first hint of invitation from a friend to watch the colours and hike the woods.
The old verses ring in warning inside my head...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep" - Robert Frost

Ah, but what a frosty thought indeed !

The first promise I need to keep is the one I made to myself...

...that I will take all the colours in before the world grows old and turns silver.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger Dilip Muralidaran said...

sowms,

Nice place and nice words. I wish i was not cursed with this cruth so that i would be able to climb trees like i used to a couple of years back. Anyways let me not crib again on your blog. I love the colors of fall in these pictures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home