Monday, October 23, 2006

Flower from a stranger

T'was a bright sunny October noon
I was in the middle of a lovely walk
Lost in a delightful swoon
A merry path ahead to chalk

My thoughts surrounded such beauty
As of a sacrificing, benevolent being;
Of the callings of fulfilling duty;
And pleasures of the colours I was seeing

I had all but forgotten the existence
Of others that co-habited this park
Filling myself with the brightest wonder
That made all else disappear in the dark

Out of the violet, I chanced upon a stranger
Beheld a soul happier than I,
Saw his footsteps cheerfully linger
When we met eye to shining eye.

His face was aglow with a pride
That was buried in a shy faint veil,
Pouring forth a happy tune unafraid
Like a sailor to set his first sail.

A little flower came from his hand to mine
As crimson as the shades of the sun
"For you" he declared with a smile
An offer such as I couldn't shun.

I took it with the surprise and delight
Of having a momentary kindred
Seeing him in my own light
and in the flower, shamelessly red

Had he found the happiness that I too had?
Had he wanted to give away unbridled?
Or had he been before someone sad ?
Now celebrating all he had hurdled?

Strange was the fleeting acquaintance !
Stranger, the blossom found in common
Strangest, the sharing in happenstance
That brings all of us in joy as one

3 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in bliss...
He must've just had his first kiss!

 
At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I am in the middle of a tamil movie song.(ok, now I need to abscond for a while) --AG

 
At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo..tatz a nice poem...to many secrets though...
hope peope did get it...buy bet on it i dint....i appriciate the efforts u have taken in the middle of the night to type sone thing like tat....ma yur wishes coe true....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home