Monday, October 30, 2006

The infinite compassion of Dwijavanti

I am not a believer...but if I were ever motivated to attain anything "higher" than myself, I would look no further than Maharajapuram Santhanam's rendition of "Akhilandeswari Rakshamam". It's amazing how someone whose voice is essentially so coarse can manage to vocalise something far smoother than the sweetest of voices can. I could not find a copy of this or Lalgudi's violin performance of the same piece anywhere online. But I did find his children TN Krishnan and Vijayakumari's recording of it on violin.

Look for it on this page if you are as smitten with the sound of music as I am.
www.musicindiaonline.com/music/carnatic_instrumental/s/instrument.4/

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was searching for Akhilandeswari Rakshamam by Santhanam and found the blog. Interesting to note that our tastes are similar....

Santhanam! Isaignani and Kamal Hassan!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home