Monday, February 19, 2007

How do you know when a calling calls?

Today I had an other-worldly experience. I spoke almost non-stop for 2 hours. I was teaching a class for the first time in my life and the students happened to be fellow students of mine. It was the greatest fun I have had in a long time and I was very touched that they clapped in the end. It was so cute ! I always knew that I wanted to be some kind of a teacher, but I now truly wonder whether this is what I want to do all my life. If the thought of doing something makes our heart pound with excitement and the exhilaration of having done well makes your day, then is that what they call as a calling?

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Arvind Gopu said...

Sounds pretty cool; it *is* a nice feeling, when you do something you love, and it's a job well done -AG

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Dilip Muralidaran said...

They clapped so that you would shut up. Dont take that as a compliment. It was a subtle threat that if u did not stop now they would have to stop you :-)

 
At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not agree with Dilip.

But in US they say

" A foolish man tells a woman to STOP talking, But a wise man tells her that she looks extremely beautiful when her lips are closed"

 
At 1:02 AM , Blogger Rani Sowmya said...

Put beautifully.. Probably its when we discover what we love to do, and the sense of exhilaration depends on our performance and not on what world says about it.. Thats when we listened to what our heart calls upon..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home